RIGHT TO RECALL
This proposed “IndiaSpending.gov” website:
▪ Will contain Cheque-book level information on government spending.
▪ Will save lakhs of money from paper and postage cost.
▪ Will stop wasteful spending.
▪ Will lower the rate of contract bids.
▪ No need to beg every time for almost all the information in all government departments.
▪ Accessing public information will become very cheap.
▪ Proactive disclosure occurs when the government releases information and raw data on its own, rather than responding to requests for information.
▪ No risk of life while accessing information.
▪ Any citizen can use the website.
▪ Citizens need not be reporters or pay exorbitant fees to access public records – the information belongs to us, common citizens.
Read the full procedure draft here.