RIGHT TO RECALL
We at Right To Recall Group propose the following changes to improve Indian Military. Please note --- our proposal is NOT that when we will come into power, we will print following drafts in the Gazette. Our proposal is that we activists should raise a mass-movement to convince PM to print TCP in the Gazette. And once TCP is printed in the Gazette.
1. MRCM: Enact procedures so that the royalties from all the mines and rents from GoI plots gets divided as --- 1/3rd to the Indian Military, 2/3rd to citizens of India. This will increase Military funding. The draft is given in chap-5
2. Enact a wealth tax for Military which is 1% of market value of non-agricultural land above 25 sq meters per person, and use that fund on military only. The draft is given in chap-25
3. Enact a wealth tax for Military which is 1% of market value of agricultural land above 5 acre per person, and use that fund on military only. The draft is given in chap-25
4. Enact Inheritance tax of 35% on wealth above 25 sqm of NA land, 50 sqm of construction, 5 acre of agricultural wealth and Rs 1 cr of other wealth. The tax will be 65% when the person is not a “close” relative. The draft is given in chap-25
5. Increase the number of soldiers from 12,00,000 to 40,00,000.
6. Increase the salaries of soldiers by 200% as of now (Jun-2010), effective Jan-2002
7. Universal Military Training: Introduce compulsory weapon use education for all citizens of India, starting from 10th class onwards. Also introduce weapon education classes for adults. As weapon training in citizens increase, they will become more informed about importance of large weapons and so will oppose leaders who weaken Military.
8. Recruit 500,000 engineers and 10,00,000 laborers to increase weapon production of all weapons from guns to tanks to airplanes or nuclear bombs and missiles. Because strength of Indian Military will depend on ability of nation of manufacture (manufacture, not import) US-quality weapons such as nuclear missiles, cruz missiles etc.
9. IITs, IISc will come under DRDO. 15 year draft will apply on those who join these colleges. After graduation, they will have to server DRDO etc for 15 years.
10. Increase the nuclear arsenal of India to establish parity with China: China has conducted 23 ground nuclear tests and 22 atmospheric tests, where as India has conducted only 4 ground and zero atmospheric tests. And largest test China conducted was 4500 kilotons, while ours was mere 45 kt. Highest. And China has over 20 to 30 times more warheads than India has. We must conduct at least ten 3000 kiloton atmospheric nuclear tests and forty other ground/atmospheric nuclear tests ranging from 100 kilotons to 4500 kilotons to be at par with China.
11. Impose 300% import duty on every imports except raw material: Military needs weapon manufacturing skills. Imported weapons are all useless. And the only way to increase engineering skills is to create a large scale manufacturing sector in India which is importing only raw material and no hi-tech goods at all. Complete local liberalization will enable risk taking engineers to setup their own ventured and 300% import duty will enable them to sell their goods locally.
12. Social security for labor and hire-file policy in labor: Improvement in engineering skills needs huge amount of manufacturing industries in India, and industries. And industrial growth is maximal when labor has social security system and employer full hire-fire capability. The MRCM law-draft creates social security cover which makes it impossible for employers to exploit an employee. And the hire-fire law-draft enables employers to reduce financial burden when production reduces.
13. Compulsory weapon bearing: Citizens will be required to keep a gun and few bullets inside their homes. See chap-29 for details.
In short, to improve India’s Military, we will need to take several steps inside Military such as recruiting soldiers, raising salaries etc. But we need to take 10s of important steps outside military and inside nation as well. Because strength of Indian Military depends on many factors which are external to Military. E.g. Military needs engineers who can manufacture US quality weapons. Now if economic policies of India are so that these policies retard the creation of engineering talent in India, then Military will suffer. Likewise, Military needs large number of patriotic soldiers as input from society. But if the government is full of corrupt Ministers, policemen and judges, then patriotism in citizens decrease and so again Military weakens. So improving Military is easy – but it is a voluminous work as one needs to fix many civilian departments as well to improve Military. A Military can protect a nation, only if nation protects and strengthens every its Military, and every sector that Military needs.
If we don’t improve the Military, then India will go Iraq way.
The international politics is based on two simple laws:
1. The stronger fish will chew the weaker fish i.e. the people of a country with a stronger military will rob and enslave the people of the country with a weaker military i.e. if Indians don’t improve military, then Americans or Chinese will rob and enslave Indians.
2. No mercy. No exception. Americans or Chinese are not rishterdar of Indians.
The geo-political changes are only outcomes of changes in military strengths and nothing else. E.g. In 1700s, the strength of UK Military became 20-50 times that of Indian Military due to superiority of weapons and more cohesiveness in British society (the more cohesiveness was due to fairer administration and courts). And so they were able to enslave India. The Western Militaries weakened due to WW2, and soldiers in India had strengthened due to WW2, and so India and many Asian, African countries became free. But now Western Militaries have regained the lost strength, and so devoured Panama and Iraq, with Iran next on the list and India next to next. If India doesn’t strengthen the Military, India will go Iraq way.
As of now, elite in US is sending US troops to various countries such as Iraq, Iran and next India for two main reasons. One is to devour all mineral ore mines and another is to spread Christianity. India is seen as “nation with one billion souls to be harvested” and every Christianists in US wants to exterminate Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism etc from India and put Christianity as sole religion. A similar dream is harbored by Islamists in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan – they want to install Islam all over India. But the Islamists are no real threats as they themselves are now under US Military. We also face threat from China, which wants to destroy India so that it can gain better share in world exports and can devour crude oil wells of Assam along with Arunachal Pradesh.
Pakistan on its own is too weak, but Pakistani elite agreed to make Pakistani Military and whole Pakistan as puppet of West, Saudi Arabia or China, who-so-ever who bids highest. So while US or China may not directly use their soldiers to break India, they will provide weapons and satellite information, and use Pakistan Army to break India.
Imported complex weapons such missiles, planes etc have so called Kill Switch. What is Kill Switch? It is circuit etc which when receives a particular encrypted radio signal from satellite or from a van, that missile, fighter plane etc will simply stop working. Imported radars also have Kill Switch. The problem of Kill Switch comes when equipment is imported. The selling country can always put a Kill Switch at 10s of places, and sniffing out Kill Switches is an impossible task. Now say we have imported fighter planes from US, Then it is almost guaranteed to have Kill Switches. And in case there is war between India and US, the US will make that plane useless by merely activating the Kill Switch. Worse, if there is war between India and Pakistan, and is US wants India to lose or suffer badly, US can make that plane useless by activating the Kill Switch. Still worse, of the war is between India and China, and plane is imported from France, China can always purchase Kill Switch details by paying money to France. The solution to this problem : manufacture all weapons locally. We at Right To Recall group propose to install factories in India so that EVERY weapon known to mankind is manufactured in India, made by Indian engineers and is not using any imported part.
The fact that India manufactures NO weapons and imports everything is scary. The imports may not work when war starts due to Kill Switches, or we may have to beg the supplier country not to activate Kill Switch. And we will have to pay price for that. And the price of imports and service parts will go 5 to 50 times when war starts. So we have no option but to start a large scale weapon manufacturing industry, aka Military -Industrial complex in India. We at Right To Recall Group propose to install factories in India so that EVERY weapon known to mankind is manufactured in India, made by Indian engineers and is not using any imported part.
The leaders of other parties and all eminent intellectuals are simply hostile to improve Military. Every party leader has refused to implement Universal Weapon Education as they are scared that citizens may rebel against their corruption and atrocities. And they also oppose raising salaries of soldiers as they want to keep taxes on elitemen low. Every party’s leaders have refused to bring Nuclear Weapon at parity with even China, forget USA and Russia. The salaries paid to Engineers in Military sector is so low that few engineers join them, and so manufacturing is in shambles. The weapon manufacturing program is so weak that e are even importing Bofors shells, forget manufacturing the howitzer. And we are even importing AK-47 rifles. All projects such as Arjun Tank, LCA and Kaveri Engine etc are in shambles as engineers are not joining these low paying jobs. And PMs have refused to raise salaries of engineers since 1991.
The salaries of middle level Army officers is so low that even young men from Military families are now refusing to join Military. The Military officers once used to encourage their sons and nephews to join Military and now due to pathetically low salaries, and the salaries are low ONLY because the political leaders are hostile in raising salaries. The salaries are so low that out of the sanctioned strength of 40000 officers, 12000 are vacant. And in reality, we need 200,000 officers not just 40000.
The leaders insist that the salaries of soldiers should be no more than 20% more than policemen’s salaries !! We all know that no young man would join police force if salaries were their only incomes. The mediamen have created image soldiers are corrupt and so need no salary raise. This is utter nonsense. Compare 10,00,000 foot soldiers (Jawans, Sepoys) with 15,00,000 constables in police we have or with 15,00,000 clerks we have in Govt. Each constable or clerk has some discretionary powers of citizen, while the soldier has none. So while over 80% of the constables and clerks have opportunities to collect bribes, less than 1% of any of the soldiers have any such opportunities. Compare 40000 officers in Army with 40,000 PSI, PI, DySP, SP or Tahsildar, Collector. Less than 5% of officers have any discretionary powers that would get them any bribes. The purchases are done by IAS in Defense Ministry and only very high level officers (top 200 or so) are involved in decision making. So unlike police or babus, where over 90% to 95% have powers to make bribes, over 98% soldiers have no powers that can fetch them any bribes.
We request all citizens to ask their favorite party’s leaders on what they intend to do on issue of strengthening the Military and decide if they are worth voting for. And we also request activists to ask eminent intellectuals on this issue, and decide if they are worth following.